My name is Dr. Nicki Aubuchon-Endsley. An interesting fact about me is that my name contains all of the letters of the alphabet, A-E-I-O-U-and sometimes Y! I was born in Corpus Christi, Texas. Since then, I embarked on an educational journey which took me all the way from the Rocky Mountain Region to New England. I received my B.S. from the University of Denver in Cognitive Neuroscience and my M.S. and Ph.D. from Oklahoma State University in Clinical Psychology (Behavioral Medicine and Quantitative Methods). I completed an APA-accredited predoctoral residency in Clinical Psychology at the VAMC in Durham, NC while collaborating on research with faculty at Duke University. I then completed a Postdoctoral Research Fellowship sponsored by the National Institutes of Health at The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and The Miriam Hospital.  

My interdisciplinary research program broadly includes examination of pre- and postnatal maternal stress-related disorders and health indicators/behaviors that program offspring neurobehavioral and cardiometabolic risk. I am particularly interested in interactions between maternal perinatal depression and obesity/nutrition and the association of these risk factors with infant outcomes. My research also seeks to understand biological and behavioral mechanisms underlying these relations, with a current emphasis on the roles of stress hormones and parenting in underserved and socioeconomically-diverse samples.

My clinical and teaching interests broadly include assessment (cognitive, behavioral, and personality) and provision of behavioral health interventions. I am also interested in quantitative methods and training in Clinical Psychology. During my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family as well as enjoying the wide-open spaces in Oklahoma.

Graduate Students

Ava Hanson
Ava is a third year graduate student who received her Bachelor of Art’s in Psychology, Spanish, and Latin American Studies from Gustavus Adolphus College. During her first two years at Gustavus, she was a member of the Center for Developmental Sciences (CDS) research lab. During her last two years, she was a research assistant in a lab that studied trauma and sexual assault (HolmLab). Additionally, during her last year at Gustavus, she received the psychology department’s social justice award for the work she did examining barriers to health care faced by the Latiné population at a local behavioral health clinic. This project helped to inform her passion for studying health disparities.

Alex Gillham
Alex is a second year graduate student who received her bachelor’s degree in psychology at Oklahoma State University. She worked throughout her undergraduate degree as a research assistant in the Child Behavior Research Lab with Dr. Maureen Sullivan and the Child Adaptation Maternal Psychopathology Lab with Dr. Lucia Ciciolla. After graduating, she worked as a research assistant at the Laureate Institute for Brain Research (LIBR). Eventually, she was promoted to Research Specialist in charge of training within LIBR’s NIH-funded Adolescent Brain and Cognitive Development (ABCD) study, the largest long-term longitudinal study examining brain development and child health in the United States. Her primary interest is in maternal psychopathology, specifically Postpartum Depression (PPD), within AI/AN populations and its effects on their child’s emotional development.

Jasmin Kurien
Jasmin is a second year graduate student who received her bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Oklahoma. During her undergraduate degree, she worked as a research assistant in the Human Learning and Memory Lab. After graduating, she worked as a research technician and research project coordinator at the Health Promotion Research Center. Her primary interest is in the relationship between maternal perinatal depression and anxiety on development in infants.

Undergraduate Students

Brittany Banh
I am from Bartlesville, OK. I am a senior at The University of Tulsa, and I am majoring in psychology and women and gender studies. Along with this, I am minoring in early childhood interventions. I am passionate about advocating for women’s rights and bridging the gap in medical care/mental health disparities for POC and women. Following undergrad, I am aspiring to attend graduate school for clinical psychology.  On campus, I am the President of the Student Alliance for Violence Education (SAVE). Outside of school, I can be found at a concert, volunteering, at the gym, or spending time with my friends and family!

Summer Parker
I am from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. During my time at the University of Tulsa, I received both a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Bachelor of Arts in English. I am currently working towards gaining research experience to become a more competitive candidate for grad school. I plan to pursue a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology. When I’m not in the lab, I can be found reading a book or spending time with my pets. 

Ann Dao
I am a sophomore at The University of Tulsa, majoring in Anthropology. After undergrad, I plan to enter the healthcare field. Outside of my academics, I am the Director of Community Service for MEDx and Social Media Chair for the Vietnamese Student Association. I am dedicated to serving my community and am a regular volunteer at Little Light House and Clarehouse. In my free time, I indulge in a book and a good cup of coffee!

Kate Kiker
I am from Tulsa, OK. I am a sophomore at The University of Tulsa, and I am majoring in Psychology and minoring in Biology. I am passionate about the intricate interplay between mental health and physical well-being. I’m drawn to expanding this space, aiming to help those who have been affected by traumatic injuries, diagnoses, or conditions. I am specifically interested in Trauma Informed Yoga Therapy, EMDR, and other alternative therapies to address these circumstances. Following undergrad, I aspire to attend graduate school for clinical psychology. On campus, I am a member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority. When I’m not in school, it is likely I am doing yoga, hiking, traveling, reading a book, or spending time with my dog!”

Merari Avelar
I am from Whittier, California and I am going into my final year at TU. I am majoring in pre-med biology with a minor in neuroscience. I plan on attending medical school and becoming a neurologist specializing in neurodegenerative diseases. My dream as a physician is to serve marginalized communities and undocumented immigrants to help fix the health disparities seen in the United States. Outside of class, I work as a Medical Lab Tech and regularly volunteer as an adult literacy tutor at my local library. In my free time, I am usually spending time with my dog or crocheting a new project!

Lauren McCully
I’m from Dallas, TX. I’m a sophomore at the University of Tulsa, majoring in Psychology and Anthropology with a possible minor in Women and Gender Studies. I am looking to gain research experience in order to go to graduate school, and I wanted to work in this lab because women’s health is something I’m very passionate about. I hope to be able to bring more awareness to women’s health through research and to eventually work towards my Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology. I am a Kappa Delta on TU’s campus, and when I’m not working in the lab, I can be found working at Summer Moon Coffee, spending time with friends, or going to the gym!